Award Winning Family Resort in the Virgin Islands
The Buccaneer, family-owned and operated for 67 years, embraces generations with family activities and accommodations. Named "One of the Best Family Resorts" by Forbes, the resort earns its reputation by providing a luxurious yet comfortable country-club setting conducive to relaxed family fun.
With 340 self-contained tropical acres, The Buccaneer is a natural playground for all ages. Three glorious beaches provide the back-drop for days of snorkeling, kayaking, and lounging. Never crowded, the expansive grounds allow children plenty of space to run, splash and play. Golf, tennis and free learn-to-scuba classes are on-property for teens, while the younger set (4-12 year olds) gathers for complimentary Kids' Camp . Soccer, basketball and volleyball games are beachside, and fun for the entire family. Around St. Croix, families delight in sailing and snorkeling at the Buck Island National Park, suitable for all ages and swimming abilities. Horseback riding, kayak tours, island tours, shopping in Christiansted... there is plenty to do and see for everyone.
Family accommodations come in several varieties. Each spacious guest room fits up to four people with two queen beds. Some rooms offer even more space and can comfortably accommodate a family of five, with a window-seat bed or cot.
Family cottage suites, the most popular family accommodations, feature two bedrooms and one bath, complete with a spacious front lawn. The Ficus and Frigate Suites offer families a prime pool and oceanfront location along with two rooms for extra space and privacy. Deluxe Oceanfront rooms connect and are perfect for families seeking generous space, shoreline location, and privacy. The ultimate in beachfront comfort is offered in the Luxury Beachside Doubloons. Ideal for families with teenagers, these rooms connect through the balcony or patio for guests wishing to have two rooms.
All rooms have small refrigerators for snacks and drinks.
- Cots, cribs, and highchairs are available free of charge.
- Shovels, pails, beach toys and life vests are available for use at the beaches.
- Children's menus are available.
- Babysitters are available with 24 hour notice. $15 per hour for one child; $8 for second and third children. Four children require two sitters. Minimum three hours per session.
- Kids’ Camp operates year-round for 4-12 year olds, every day from 9:30 to 5:30. Camp is complimentary. Register for camp by 3pm on the day prior to your child's attendance in camp. Kids enjoy activities ranging from yoga to supervised swimming to arts and crafts. Visit the Kids’ Camp Page for more information.
- Parents please note that the drinking age in St Croix is 18.
- DVD players are in all rooms, with a selection of DVD rentals available at the General Store.